Good morning GamePoint readers and Raptors fans everywhere. Here's your order of everything Raptors news as we set for tip off against the Kings about an hour from now at the ACC!
- Word coming from the Raptors this morning are that all 3 of DeRozan, Turkoglu, and Calderon should be able to give it a go today.
- After the comedic "Mask-Gate" situation over the last few days, we've gotten a confirmation that Turk WILL wear the mask.
More than 1 Evans to talk about!!!
- Tyreke "Too Easy" Evans will be making his Canadian NBA debut this afternoon. The rookie sensation is a current favorite to win this season's NBA rookie of the year award. The stats speak for themselves: 20 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds. The last rookie to do that? Michael Jordan. Here's what the latest set of the NBA Rookie Rankings had to say about the explosive Kings guard:
"Evans is starting to feel the bumps and bruises that come with playing in the NBA. Evans bruised his hip against the Jazz on Friday and struggled in Saturday's game against the Bobcats, scoring four points in 29 minutes, his fewest minutes since Nov. 8. Evans then missed Monday's game in Denver with a sore right ankle. Evans is playing it safe, though. "You've got to take care of your body because it's a long season," Evans told the Sacramento Bee. "If you go out there and play hurt, you can mess it up and make the injury worse. That last game (against the Bobcats), I couldn't give it my all. I just didn't feel comfortable being out there and couldn't really play hard."
- The man. The myth. The legend himself. Reggie Evans will possibly attempt an early comeback for this Wednesday against Philly. Reggie has missed the entire season up to this point due to a foot injury he suffered in a pre-season game against the Celtics. His much needed energy and tenacity will be exactly what the doctor ordered.
Evans has grown to be a fan favorite in Raptorsland because of his enthusiasm and the fact that he wears his heart on his sleeve. He's also developed a habit of hooking up the Raptors faithful with tickets through contests via twitter. Make sure to follow him here:
- Lastly, it seems as though Marco Belinelli will not be able to play today.
There you have it Raptors fans! Whatever it is you have with you, I hope you enjoyed it With A Side Of Red.